How to have your healing Brush tool reusable again
Ever since installing CC 2015 I started having problems with the Healing Brush tool. Once an essential tool in my workflow, used especially for correcting out the sensor dust spots, I noticed that the tool seemed broken in the Mac version of CC 2015.
Carmen was complaining too on her Windows version. I was in the situation to keep a CC 2014 as well on a different OS on my machine and use it for dust spots. After many complains especially from retouches who are highly dependent on this tool, Adobe released an update. However the update is not working automatically but required a small trick, described in 5 simple steps on https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/enable-non-realtime-healing-brush.html
- Install the Photoshop CC 2015.0.1 update.
- Use Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac OS) to create a plain text file.
- Type the text LegacyHealingBrush 1 into the text file.
- Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt to your Photoshop settings folder:
- Windows: [Installation Drive]:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\
- Mac OS: //Users/[User Name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings/
- Restart Photoshop. The changes will take effect.